Feb 17th Mock!
2. St. Louis Rams- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
Combined with Carriker, the Rams will rebuild their front 4 stronger and younger.
3.* Atlanta Falcons- Darren McFadden HB Arkansas
A small part of me wants to believe Michael Vick will be back after next season. And if that’s the case, combining Vick with McFadden could be deadly. Either way Chris Redman played fine down the stretch and you can always take a QB in round 2 if you absoulutely need to develop one along with D Mac.
4.** Oakland Raiders- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
The best player at the Senior Bowl gets to fill right in for Warren Sapp. They wont even miss big 99.
5.** Kansas City Chiefs- Jake Long OT Michigan
They have to replace Willie Sheilds among others. We saw what this man did for Mike Hart, can he do the same for LJ?
6. New York Jets- Vernon Gholston DE OSU
The Jets are LUCKY they are still going to get a great player at 6. Gholston is just what the doctored ordered for this defense.
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers)- Dan Connor LB PSU
Hear me out. The Pats do have a lot of free agent corners but those needs can be met later in the draft or in free agency. A coach like Belichick is always going to take the player that fits best in his system over anyone else and that is exactly what Connor is. A smart sure tackler who is two decades younger than Junior Seau.
8. Baltimore Ravens- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
This is where the draft gets interesting. The Ravens can go a lot of ways, but they need a OL in the worst way.
9. Cincinnati Bengals- Keith Rivers LB USC
The Bengals have had terrible picks at LB the last few years with AJ Nicholson and David Pollack. Get it right finally.
10. New Orleans Saints- Leodis McKlevin CB Troy
I can outrun Jason David. Not good.
11. Buffalo Bills- Malcom Kelly WR Oklahoma
The Youtube rapping sensation gets to collab with Money Lynch for his next track.
12. Denver Broncos- Chris Williams OT Vandy
They need to protect Cutler, why not take a guy who has experience doing JUST THAT?
13. Carolina Panthers- Kenny Phillips S The U
I think Matt Moore played well enough to justify passing on a QB. Kenny Phillips is the pick.
14. Chicago Bears- Matt Ryan QB BC
Matty Ice gets to take over for Grossman.
15. Detroit Lions- Mike Jenkins CB USF
Dre Bly is gone, so they need another player who can fulfil guarding the opposing team’s #1 WR.
16. Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
In desperate need of a homerun threat the Cards can use Stewart badly.
17. Minnesota Vikings- DeSean Jackson WR Cal
A team in desperate need of a KR and a WR gets both in the explosive Jackson.
18. Houston Texans- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
Ron Dayne nor Darius Walker is the answer for Kubiak in Houston. Mendenhall hopes to be that man.
19. Philadelphia Eagles- Mario Manningham
I doesn’t matter if it’s Kolb or McNabb, whoever it is will need better receivers than the Eagles currently have.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Limas Sweed WR Texas
After losing the Calvin Johnson sweepstakes Jon Gruden will look to hook up Garcia and crew with a better pass catcher.
21. Washington Redskins- Calais Campbell DE The U
The Redskins can’t resist players from the U and Campbell fills the need at DE.
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns)- Felix Jones RB Arkansas
If they lose the McFadden sweeps, I see them using one of their first round picks on a RB.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Sam Baker OT USC
Grades out as a first round OT, but started his career as an OG. Faneca will be leaving so there will be a void to fill.
24. Tennessee Titans- Early Doucet WR LSU
Vince needs weapons!
25. Seattle Seahawks- Gosder Cherilus OT BC
You can’t run the ball without a line and they need to get younger.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Derrick Harvey DE Florida
27. San Diego Chargers- Reggie Smith SS
28. Dallas Cowboys- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St.
29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts)- Kentwan Balmer DT UNC
30. Green Bay Packers- Aqib Talib CB Kansas
31. New England Patriots – Forfeited as penalty for cheating
32. New York Giants- Ali Highsmith LB LSU