2014 NFL Combine: News You May Have Missed
By D. Wash
Updated: February 23, 2014
Random news and notes from the 2014 NFL Combine. Just in case you missed anything, we got you all caught up.
- Cyrus Kouandjio has an arthritic knee. He is expected to fall into round two now. Is Alabama’s system putting too much wear and tear on these kids?
- Colt Lyerla looks a lot like Aaron Hernandez in this photo.
- Greg Robinson tested insane, running a 4.88 and 4.84 40 yard dash and benching 225 lbs 32 times.
- Michael Sam wants to be known as a football player, and no longer “the gay football player.” Sudden change of heart on the attention?
- Jace Amaro clocked in at a less than respectable 4.74 in the 40, not blazing fast for a tight end anymore.
- Eric Ebron ran a 4.6 to compare to Amaro.
- Teddy Bridgewater opted out of throwing at the combine.
- Taylor Lewan ran a 4.85. These linemen have obviously tested the best of any group in combine history.
- Teddy Bridgewater also weighed in at only 214 lbs. In comparison, Johnny Manziel is 5’11 203 lbs.
- This is probably the deepest draft class in almost a decade. Mike Mayock predicts there will be 10 starting receivers taken before the third round.
- Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin came in at a legit 6’5 230 and 240 respectively. Expect a team you’d least expect to draft a receiver to grab one of these guys early. You heard it here first. A team with seemingly no WR need is going to stash one of these big kids.