Rewind: Merrill Hodge’s Johnny Manziel Analysis was 100% Right
It is time to give credit where credit is due. Approximately two years ago ESPN analyst Merrill Hodge was heavily criticized for coming at Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel and his lack of elite first round talent.
Looking back, Hodge’s rant was 100% spot on. People forget that some were calling for Johnny Football at #1 overall!
Here is what Hodge said:
- Johnny’s skill set had bust written all over him.
- No team should take him in the first round.
- Any staff that takes him, the head coach, staff and GM will be fired in two years.
- Johnny makes bad decisions and NOT pan out in the league.
- Graded him a 6th round pick at BEST.
- No team should draft him in the first 3 rounds
All of these predictions were 100% DEAD ACCURATE. SPOT ON.
But yet people like Skip Bayless who said Johnny should have went #1 overall still get paid millions to analyze sports?
I’ll just hold my tongue there.
Click play below and let the facts speak for themselves: